During the Chautauqua Season, recreation memberships and registrations will be taken by phone or on location. Phone numbers for each facility are listed with their descriptions below.
(716) 357-3276 | Chautauqua has eight Har-Tru tennis courts at the Turner Community Center recreation campus. Two courts are illuminated for night play. Private and group lessons, tournaments, clinics, junior development programs and special events are offered. During Chautauqua’s summer season membership registrations will only take place at the tennis courts.
Fees for non-members: $24.00/court hour, mid-May to mid-October.
(716) 357-6211 | Honoring a golfing tradition since 1896 the Chautauqua Golf Club presents quality, professional service and the challenge of 36 championship holes. Both the Lake and the Hill Course have received four-star ratings from Golf Digest magazine. Club membership includes greens fees and use of the Learning Center – a complete teaching and practice facility.s
(716) 357-6211 | A complete teaching and practice facility with unlimited range balls. Learning Center Membership may be purchased on its own or as part of a Golf membership.
(716) 357-6430 |
Chautauqua Institution provides two fitness facilities. The Turner Community Center is open year-round. During the season, a second facility is available at Heinz Beach. Both sites are dedicated to personal exercise, health and wellness, and are equipped with modern cardiovascular, strength-training, and free-weight equiptment. Staff, including certified personal trainers, are on-site to assist members. Short and long-term memberships are available and also include access to the Turner indoor pool. Separate pool memberships are also available. Members must be at least 14 years of age.
Boat Mooring & Registration
716-357-6288: Central Docks, after June 1
Chautauqua Institution offers rental slip, ramp and buoy mooring in an assigned space. Vessels moored at an Institution or private dock are required to purchase and display a current registration sticker. The mooring rental period must match the dates on an accompanying gate pass.
Sailing Center Rentals & Instruction
(716) 357-6392, after June 1 | Chautauqua's Sailing Department presents a comprehensive curriculum of one-week sailing courses. The courses have been carefully designed to advance the sailing skills of all – youth, adult and novice to advanced sailors.
(716) 357-6281, after June 24 | The Chautauqua Sports Club offers a wide variety of recreation activities. Bridge, shuffleboard, horseshoes, lawn bowling and kayak, canoe as well as paddleboat rentals. There are no “membership” fees, and all services may be purchased individually at the Sports Club, including season “passes” for some activities.